Seiten Links

Sonntag, 11. Mai 2014

5 Style Lessons



Who knows me know one simple fact about me. I am in love obsessed with Gossip Girl. It has all I would ever need in a television series: good-looking people, a nice city, oh so dramatic lives, but most of all fabulous clothing. So I've collected 5 major fashion moves that Blair Waldorf does right.



1. Make Your Coat a Part Of Your Outfit
In the cold german weather, we tend to view our coat simply as something thats just there to keep us warm. But walking from place to place is where we seem to run into a lot of people. So why not make a statement with your coat? Make it an intentional part of your outfit instead of a black, down, furry hooded coverup. You may get so many compliments you won't want to take it off. :)

2. The Fit Is EVERYTHING.
No matter how cute your dress or pants are, if they are too tight, just ill-fitting, you will look NOT look cute or sexy. Blair's clothing always fits perfectly, which is why she can get away with some questionable outfits. Watching Blair walk around NYC in her perfectly cut outfits made me realize that the cut of your clothes is everything!

3. Own Actual Lingerie and Pajamas
I discovered that a lot of girls (including me) don't own "private time" wear other than basic bras+underwear & some sweats and tee shirts. You should love knowing that you have something that you can feel pretty in, whether someone is seeing it or not. Dont get me wrong, this is a point where I want to work on as well. Wear something you wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in. Take inspiration from Blair. She has some of the prettiest pieces I've seen.


4. Embrace All Tights
Let's face it, it's freeeeezing outside in the winter. Weather here in germany or in NYC. Does this mean we have to give up on our adorable skirts and dresses? No! But that doesn't mean we should only wear  boring black or nude stockings. Wearing colored or patterned tights are a great way to add texture and character to your outfit. Blair makes tights look stylish and sexy. Now you no longer have an excuse to wear a mini skirt with no tights on a Saturday night because
"tights aren't sexy enough."


5. Rock that Hat
And again dolls, it's cold. So wear a hat and make it cute. Blair knows how to rock her hats that vary in color, style, and detailing. Doesn't she just look adorable? Speaking of adorable, let's talk about her headbands. Headbands mean two things to me. 1) A fun, girly way to dress up your hairstyle. Or 2) A modern, non-royal girl replacement to a crown. I don't think headband fit me too well like it does on Blair. But, whichever way you'd like to think of your headband, I think we can all agree that Blair knows how to rock one.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen